The most visited site in the world is open to advertisers and businesses.
If you know what you are doing you can really promote your brand and pick up business. A good example of a company using Facebook well is Cooling Castle Barn, see the facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/CoolingCastleBarn They have added a really handy wedding planner and other useful features which will keep people coming back.
Other additions include a map and photo gallery, all handy features for someone looking to book a wedding.
Any unsold space or cancellation spaces that crop up can be advertised to the eager facebook followers and this translates into business.
Our tips for Facebook marketing.
- Know your audience and offer useful content that will interest them and keep them engaged.
- Don’t spam people with pointless updates or trivial information.
- Know your brand and ensure all your posts follow your corporate brand and image.
- Paid advertising should be very carefully targeted. Use geo, age and interest based options and the relationship status targeting is a great way to hit people most likely to engage with your product.
- Post pictures that work well as small thumbnails, large detailed pictures can look really bitty and lose impact when scaled down.
- Try to make people smile or laugh – everyone has a sense of humor.
- Encourage people to share your posts with their friends and contacts – if things go viral it can work really well for you.
I’ve seen some sites go from a standing start to getting over 15,000 followers in just a few weeks with the right marketing plan. Success breeds success so a half hearted effort is a waste of time. The more followers you have the greater the impact will be so throw in some serious time and investment and you’ll have a great google free marketing tool at your disposal.